Quinton de Kock Records: Quinton de Kock wrote a new story in the World Cup match. The South African wicketkeeper created history in the match being played against Afghanistan in the World Cup 2023, taking a total of 6 catches in one match of the tournament. De Kock became the wicketkeeper for South Africa with the most catches in a World Cup match. He overtook former African wicketkeeper Mark Boucher.
Before De Kock, Mark Boucher and Morne Van Wyk had taken maximum 4 catches as wicketkeepers in a World Cup match for South Africa. But now this record has been named by De Kock. De Kock took catches of Ibrahim Zadran, Captain Shahidi, Ikram Alikhil, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan and Noor Ahmed against Afghanistan.
With this, De Kock equaled former Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist and Pakistani wicketkeeper Sarfaraz Ahmed in terms of dismissing the most number of batsmen as a wicketkeeper in a World Cup match. Most wickets as a wicketkeeper in a World Cup match…
- 6- Adam Gilchrist (Australia) vs Namibia, Potchefstroom, 2003
- 6- Sarfaraz Ahmed (Pakistan) vs South Africa, Auckland, 2015
- 6- Quinton de Kock (South Africa) vs Afghanistan, Ahmedabad, 2023*. (Today)
Most wickets as a wicketkeeper in a single edition of the World Cup
- 21 – Adam Gilchrist (World Cup 2003)
- 21 – Tom Latham (World Cup 2019)
- 20 – Alex Carey (World Cup 2019)
- 19 – Quinton de Kock (World Cup 2023)*
- 17 – Kumar Sangakkara (World Cup 2003)
- 17 – Adam Gilchrist (World Cup 2007).
Afghanistan reduced to 244
In the match being played against South Africa, Afghanistan team, after winning the toss and coming to bat first, was all out for 244 runs in 50 overs. Azmatullah Urzai played the biggest innings of 97* runs for the team, which included 7 fours and 3 sixes.
read this also…
World Cup 2023: These 10 players turned out to be a firecracker of Diwali, could not perform as per expectations in the World Cup