ICC ODI World Cup 2023 Records: Many shocking records have been made so far in the ODI World Cup 2023 being hosted by India. Looking at these records, it seems that till now the World Cup has been very pleasant for the batsmen and bad for the bowlers, because till now the batsmen have made most of the records, whether it is the fastest century in the ODI World Cup or the fastest century of the tournament. Big total.
A flurry of records was set in the match played between Pakistan and Sri Lanka on 10 October. Pakistan chased the biggest target (345) of ODI World Cup. In this match, Pakistan registered its 8th consecutive win against Sri Lanka in the World Cup. Earlier this record was in the name of India, who had defeated Pakistan 7 consecutive times. A total of four centuries were scored in this match, which is the highest in a World Cup match. Indian players have also made many big records in the tournament. Let us know the special records made in the World Cup so far.
Fastest century in ODI World Cup
- 49 balls- Aiden Markram vs Sri Lanka, Delhi, 2023*
- 50 balls- Kevin O’Brien vs England, Bengaluru, 2011
- 51 balls- Glenn Maxwell vs Sri Lanka, Sydney, 2015
- 52 balls- AB de Villiers vs West Indies, Sydney 2015.
Indian batsman who has scored the most runs in ICC ODI tournament
- 2785 runs- Virat Kohli (64 innings)
- 2719 runs- Sachin Tendulkar (58 innings)
- 2422 runs- Rohit Sharma (64 innings)
- 1707 runs- Yuvraj Singh (62 innings)
- 1671 runs- Sourav Ganguly (32 innings).
Fastest 1,000 runs in World Cup
- 19 innings- David Warner/Rohit Sharma
- 20 innings- Sachin Tendulkar/ AB de Villiers
- 21 innings- Viv Richards/Sourav Ganguly
- 22 innings- Mark Waugh/Herschelle Gibbs.
50 wickets in fewest balls in World Cup
- 941 balls- Mitchell Starc
- 1187 balls- Lasith Malinga
- 1540 balls- Glenn McGrath
- 1562 balls- Muttiah Muralitharan
- 1748 balls- Wasim Akram.
6 centuries in the lowest innings of ODI
- David Malan- 23 innings
- Imam-ul-Haq- 27 innings
- Upul Tharanga – 29 innings
- Babar Azam- 32 innings
- Hashim Amla – 34 innings.
Biggest chase in ODI World Cup
- 345 runs Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, Hyderabad, 2023*
- 328 runs Ireland vs England, Bengaluru, 2011
- 322 runs Bangladesh vs West Indies, Taunton, 2019
- 319 runs Bangladesh vs Scotland, Nelson, 2015
- 313 runs Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe, New Plymouth, 1992.
Most consecutive wins against a single team
- 8 – Pakistan vs Sri Lanka
- 7 – India vs Pakistan
- 6 – West Indies vs Zimbabwe.
Highest total in ODI World Cup
- 428/5- South Africa vs Sri Lanka, Delhi 2023*
- 417/6- Australia vs Afghanistan, Perth 2015
- 413/5- India vs Bermuda, Port of Spain 2007
- 411/4- South Africa vs Ireland, Canberra 2015
- 408/5- South Africa vs West Indies, Sydney, 2015.
Most runs in ODI World Cup match (both innings combined)
- 754 runs- South Africa vs Sri Lanka, Delhi 2023*
- 714 runs- Australia vs Bangladesh, Nottingham 2019
- 688 runs- Australia vs Sri Lanka, Sydney 2015
- 682 runs- England vs Pakistan, Nottingham 2019
- 676 runs- India vs England, Bengaluru 2011.
Most boundaries in a World Cup match
- 105 Boundary- South Africa vs Sri Lanka, Delhi, 2023
- 93 Boundaries- West Indies vs New Zealand, Wellington, 2015
- 89 boundaries – Australia vs South Africa, Basseterre, 2007
- 84 Boundaries- Sri Lanka vs Kenya, Kandy, 1996.
read this also…
CWC 2023: Kane Williamson created a special record by scoring a half-century against Bangladesh, leaving many legends behind.