<पी शैली="पाठ-संरेखण: औचित्य सिद्ध करें;">It was just a few days ago that a 26 year old boy who came in Bigg Boss OTT-2 became an internet sensation overnight. People liked Elvish so much in this show that today there would hardly be anyone who would not recognize this name. Elvish also keeps trending on social media every other day for some reason or the other.
He has been trending for the last two-three days but this time the reason is not his fans but the FIR lodged against him. Actually, Elvish Yadav is accused of supplying snake venom in rave parties along with the gang.
Police had arrested 5 accused in this case on 6 November. An FIR was also lodged against Elvish, he was also interrogated, but was released back. 20 ml of poison and cobra, python and two-headed snakes were also recovered from the possession of the five accused who were arrested by the police on November 6.
However, this is not the first time that we have heard the news of snake venom intoxication at a rave party. In the last few years, many such reports have been coming out in which it has been said that the demand for snake venom is increasing in the rave parties of Delhi.
Just a few days ago, a report by The Sunday Guardian had come out in which it was said that the trend of taking pills made from snake venom or getting intoxicated by getting bitten by snakes is increasing rapidly in the rave parties of Delhi.
In such a situation, a question arises that how can anyone get intoxicated with snake venom, which kills people? Let us know in this report whether snake venom is really intoxicating?
In response to this question, epidemiology expert Dr. Pravesh Pathak says that not every snake is poisonous. There are many such snakes which do not have poison but due to their bite a person becomes unconscious for some time. The work of drugs is also similar, hence people taking drugs like snake bites very much.
He further said that even though snake venom works as a narcotic, it is not so easy to get its poison. This is the reason why people are ready to get bitten by a snake directly. They feel that by doing this their power has increased.
Also know about snake bite intoxication
Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, in one of its studies, had published the experience of a 19 year old boy explaining the difference between alcohol intoxication and snake intoxication. According to this report, due to drug addiction, the 19 year old boy used to smoke about 20 cigarettes every day.
In order to get stronger intoxication than cigarettes, the boy started taking cocaine, ganja and opium along with alcohol. One day his friends told him about the intoxication caused by that snake’s venom. At first he thought that he might die due to poison but when he was assured that nothing like this would happen, he decided to get himself bitten by the snake.
The 19-year-old boy got bitten by a snake on his tongue after smoking ganja for the first time. He became unconscious within 3 to 4 minutes of the snake bite. But, when he regained consciousness after a few hours, he was half asleep. According to the boy, his excitement was at its peak when he was unconscious. He felt as if he was in the air. After 7 days of getting bitten by the snake, he became completely normal and after this he got himself bitten by the snake several times.
After the boy’s parents got information about this, they took him to the hospital. When the doctor examined him, he found that there was no wound of any kind in his muscles due to snake bite. Not only this, his body was also completely normal.
According to another study, a 33-year-old man was continuously taking drugs for the last 15 years. He started smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol at the young age of 18. By the age of 24, he was completely addicted to alcohol and tobacco and at the age of 25, he started taking opioids like raw opium.
Due to continuous drug abuse, a time came when he started struggling with many physical and mental problems. He started having fatty liver problems. A few months before undergoing treatment, he also tried snake poison through his own friends.
The 33-year-old man said that this was the cheapest option for him. He told that initially he got the snake bitten on the tip of his tongue with the help of nomadic snake charmers. As soon as the snake bit him, his body got a shock. There was blurriness in the eyes. Nothing could be seen clearly. He remained in a blackout-like state for about an hour.
But when he woke up, he felt intense excitement. The sick body started feeling better. According to him, he started feeling better only 3-4 weeks after getting bitten by the snake. According to the 33-year-old man, after consuming snake venom, he had no desire for alcohol and opioids for about 3-4 weeks. But after 3-4 weeks, as the effects of the poison wore off, he once again started feeling the urge to take the drug.
how to get bitten by a snake
The snakes that drug addicts cut themselves include cobra, krait or green colored snakes seen on trees. According to the drug addicts who come to the treatment center, there are many such places where snakes are not only reared but also given intoxication through mild, moderate and severe bites. To get bitten by a snake, its head is tapped with a light tool or some instrument. Then the snake’s tongue is placed on the bitten area and it stings. It is controlled in such a way that it feels like a prick
Why don’t people die from snake poison?
Doctor Pravesh Pathak says in answer to this question that it is dangerous for any snake’s venom to reach the human blood directly. This may even cost someone’s life. But if a person is drinking this poison directly and his mouth is not cut from anywhere, then it goes directly into the stomach and gets digested. Slowly it comes out through urine.
However, even in this, the person taking the poison needs to take care that there is no damage or cut in his mouth. In such a situation, the poison may come in contact with his blood and may even result in death.What is the law on eating snake venom?
The Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 of the Indian Constitution makes rules for the regulation and control of trade in products made from different species of plants and wild animals.
While talking to ABP, lawyer Anil Kumar said that keeping any wild animal or using it in any way is considered a crime under Section 49 and Section 49 B of the Wildlife Protection Act. In such a situation, there is a provision of punishment of three to seven years for those who violate the law.