‘If PM Modi is worried then first of all…’, Kharge said – no propaganda will work on Manipur
Manipur violence: Continuous efforts are being made to restore peace in violence-hit Manipur with the cooperation of the state government and the army. Amidst all this, Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge has raised questions on Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the latest situation in Manipur. Kharge said that if PM Modi is really concerned about Manipur, then Chief Minister N. Biren Singh should be removed first.
Mallikarjun Kharge said that no amount of propaganda by the BJP-led government can hide their “absolute failure” to deal with the situation in Manipur. In a tweet, Kharge said, “There is news that finally the Home Minister has spoken to Prime Minister Modi on Manipur. For the last 55 days Modi ji did not say a word on Manipur. The whole country is waiting to hear his ‘Manipur Ki Baat’.
Kharge made this demand
- If Modi ji really thinks anything about Manipur, then first of all sack your Chief Minister.
- Seize weapons stolen from militant organizations and anti-social elements.
- Start talks with all the parties and find a common political path.
- End the blockade with the help of security forces. Ensure availability of essential commodities by keeping national highways open and safe.
- A package of relief, rehabilitation and livelihood for the affected people should be prepared without delay. The announced relief package is inadequate.
Kharge wrote in a tweet that no amount of propaganda by the BJP and the Modi government can cover up their abject failures in the Manipur violence.
Women helping militants – Army
Meanwhile, the Indian Army said on Tuesday that efforts are being made by women in Manipur to drive away the militants. As proof of this, a video was also released by the army. In this, women can be seen blocking the way to save the militants. Not only this, in the video many women can be seen forcibly engaging with the army personnel.