IND vs NZ 1st Test (IND vs NZ 1st Test Day 2)-India vs New Zealand Test series: The first match of the two-Test series between India and New Zealand is being played in Kanpur from Thursday (November 25). At the end of the second day’s play on Friday, New Zealand have scored 129 runs for no loss. Will Young is unbeaten on 75 off 180 balls and Tom Latham is unbeaten on 50 off 165 balls. The Indian team scored 345 runs in the first innings. Team India is still 216 runs ahead. Keep reading for the latest sports news English.InsideSport.IN
India vs New Zealand Test series: After lunch on the second day, India’s first innings was reduced to 345 runs. Shreyas Iyer scored 105 runs for Team India. Shubman Gill scored 52 and Ravindra Jadeja scored 50 runs. New Zealand’s Tim Southee took 5 wickets.
India vs New Zealand Test series: Updates of the second day:
- 16:30 PM- The end of the second day’s play has been announced. New Zealand have scored 129 runs without any loss. Will Young is unbeaten on 75 off 180 balls and Tom Latham is unbeaten on 50 off 165 balls.
- 16:18 PM- Tom Latham scored the 25th half-century of his Test career. He has faced the Indian bowlers playing in a strong manner. Latham has shared a 128-run partnership with Young.
- 16:04 PM- Tom Latham and Will Young have kept the Indian bowlers in trouble. Both have put up a 122-run partnership for the first wicket. Latham is nearing half-century. While Young has scored more than 70 runs.
- 15:23 PM- New Zealand opener Tom Latham and Will Young have made a century partnership for the first wicket. Indian bowlers are looking helpless in front of both.
- 14:36 PM- Will Young completed his half-century soon after tea time. He hit Umesh Yadav for a boundary.
- 14:12 PM- New Zealand have scored 72 runs without any loss till tea time on the second day. They are still 273 runs behind India. Will Young is unbeaten on 46 and Tom Latham is unbeaten on 23.
- 14:02 PM-Tom Latham and Will Young have given New Zealand a strong start. Both have made a half-century partnership for the first wicket. Indian team is looking for the first wicket.
- 13:28 PM-New Zealand made a strong start to the first innings. Its openers Will Young and Tom Latham have faced the Indian bowlers with patience. Latham 9 and Will Young are unbeaten on 16 runs.
- 12:56 PM- New Zealand’s innings has started. Tom Latham and Will Young have opened the innings. Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav have taken over the responsibility of bowling for India.
- 12:25 PM- India’s first innings was reduced to 345 runs. Shreyas Iyer scored 105 runs for Team India. Shubman Gill scored 52 and Ravindra Jadeja scored 50 runs. New Zealand’s Tim Southee took 5 wickets.
- 12:11 PM-After lunch, India has got the ninth blow on the second ball. Ravichandran Ashwin was dismissed by Ejaz Patel. Ashwin scored 58 runs off 56 balls.
- 11:30 AM- Lunch has been announced on the second day of the test match. India has scored 339 runs for 8 wickets. Ravichandran Ashwin 38 and Umesh Yadav are unbeaten on 4 runs. The two shared a 26-run partnership for the ninth wicket.
- 11:20 am- There is a very important partnership going on between Umesh and Ashwin. New Zealand bowlers are trying a lot to get the Indian batsmen out.
- 10:53 am- India got the eighth blow in the form of Axar Patel. He was caught by Tim Southee at the hands of wicketkeeper Tom Blundell. Akshar scored 3 runs in 9 balls. This is Saudi’s fifth success.
- 10:35 am- Tim Southee got his fourth breakthrough in the innings. He showed the way to the pavilion to Shreyas Iyer, who scored a century in the debut test. Iyer scored 105 runs in 171 balls. During this he hit 13 fours and two sixes.
- 10:15 am- India was given the sixth by Saudi. He got Wriddhiman Saha caught behind the wicket by Tom Blundell. Saha, who returned to the team after a long time, failed to play a big innings. He scored one run in 12 balls.
- 10:06 AM – Shreyas Iyer has scored a century in his debut Test. He completed his maiden century in the 92nd over with two runs off Tim Southee. He has become the 16th player from India to score a century in a debut match.
— BCCI (@BCCI) November 26, 2021
- 9:44 am- India got the fifth blow in the third over of the second day. Tim Southee gave New Zealand a big breakthrough by dismissing Ravindra Jadeja. Jadeja could not add a single run to his first day’s score. He got out after scoring 50 runs. In his innings of 112 balls, he hit 6 fours. Wriddhiman Saha comes to the crease after Jadeja’s dismissal.
- 9:39 am- Shreyas Iyer hit two fours off Kyle Jamieson in the second over of the day. He is now nearing his century. Iyer is unbeaten on 83.
- 9:30 AM- The second day of the first Test between India and New Zealand has started. Ravindra Jadeja and Shreyas Iyer are at the crease. Tim Southee started the bowling on the second day. Ravindra Jadeja narrowly survived the dismissal in the first over. Saudi’s ball hit his pad. Umpire not out. New Zealand captain Kane Williamson took the review, but the ball was passing over the stumps. Jadeja narrowly escaped because of the umpire’s call.
IND vs NZ 1st Test, IND vs NZ 1st Test Day 2-Shreyas Iyer Achievement:
- Iyer became the first player in 52 years to score a century on debut at Kanpur. Before him, Gundappa Viswanath had scored a century against Australia in 1969.
- Iyer 16th Indian to score a century on debut.
- Iyer 13th Indian to score a century in his first innings.
- 10th Indian to score a debut century on home ground.
- The last three batsmen to score a century in a debut match for India are from Mumbai. Rohit Sharma, Prithvi Shaw and now Shreyas Iyer.
129/0 (57 ov)
|Tom Latham||not out||50||165||4||0||30.30|
|Will Young||not out||75||180||12||0||41.67|
|Extra||4 (b 0, w 0, nb 3, lb 1)|
|Yet To Bat||KS Williamson, R Taylor, HM Nicholls, TA Blundell, R Ravindra, KA Jamieson, TG Southee, AY Patel, William Somerville|
345/10 (111.1 ov)
Also read- IND vs NZ LIVE: Rahul Dravid changed the rules of Ravi Shastri era, made debut memorable for youth; Know the whole matter
IND vs NZ 1st Test (IND vs NZ 1st Test Day 2)-India vs New Zealand Test series:
Here is the playing XI of both the teams:
New Zealand: Tom Latham, Will Young, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, Tom Blundell (wk), Rachin Ravindra, Tim Southee, Ejaz Patel, Kyle Jamieson, William Somerville.
India: Shubman Gill, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (c), Shreyas Iyer, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav.
Keep reading for the latest sports news English.InsideSport.IN