Ind vs NZ 1st Test (IND vs NZ 1st Test DAY 1 Highlights:) – India vs New Zealand Test series: The first match of the two-Test series between India and New Zealand is being played in Kanpur from Thursday (November 25). India captain Ajinkya Rahane won the toss and elected to bat first. By the end of the first day’s play, India scored 258 runs in 84 overs for 4 wickets. Shreyas Iyer, Ravindra Jadeja and Shubman Gill played half-centuries for Team India. Due to the innings of these three, India overshadowed New Zealand on the first day. Keep reading for the latest sports news English.InsideSport.IN
India vs New Zealand Test series: Iyer, who won the ‘Test cap’ in the absence of some top players, is still at the crease after scoring 75 runs, which is sure to add to the selectors’ headache while selecting the playing XI for the Mumbai Test as regular skipper Virat Kohli will then return. Iyer has faced 136 balls so far and has hit seven fours and two sixes. He has so far added 113 runs for the fifth wicket with Jadeja (50 not out off 100 balls). The day’s play was declared over six overs ago due to bad light.
Ind vs NZ 1st Test (IND vs NZ 1st Test DAY 1 Highlights:): Apart from these two, the innings of opener Shubman Gill (52 off 93 balls) was the center of attraction. Cheteshwar Pujara (26 off 88 balls) and skipper Ajinkya Rahane (35 off 63 balls) failed to play big innings despite good starts while opener Mayank Agarwal (13 off 28 balls) failed to make the most of the opportunity. The tall pacer Jamieson (3 for 47) again troubled the Indian batsmen. He bowled Gill and Rahane after Agarwal was caught by wicketkeeper Tom Blundell in the morning session. Veteran pacer Tim Southee (1 for 43) meanwhile disturbed Pujara’s concentration.
India vs New Zealand Test series: The pitch was slow and the ball was staying down on it but it was not getting the required turn, due to which the three New Zealand spinners Ayaz Patel (78 runs in 21 overs), William Somerville (60 runs in 24 overs) and Rachin Ravindra (seven overs) 28 in) had to struggle. Both Gill and Iyer batted freely in front of the spinners.
IND vs NZ 1st Test Day 1 Highlights: Waiting for Pujara’s century extended
This was a great opportunity for Pujara to end his long wait for a century. He had just tried to open his hand by hitting fours on Jamieson and Patel when the Southee’s ball on the fifth stump line ended up in Blundell’s gloves kissing his bat. Pujara scored his last Test century in January 2019. He hasn’t reached triple digits in the last 23 Tests and 39 innings and averages 28.78 in the meantime.
The same was the case with Rahane, for whose career two Test matches against New Zealand could prove to be important. There was a time when he seemed to like the Green Park pitch and he would play big innings to secure his place in the team going to South Africa but Jamieson soon broke the illusion.
Live updates of India’s first innings:
- 16:35 PM: First day’s play ends. India scored 258 for 4 wickets. Shreyas Iyer is unbeaten on 75 and Ravindra Jadeja on 50.
- 16:25 PM: Ravindra Jadeja completed his half-century in the 83rd over with a single off Tim Southee. This is the 17th half-century of his Test career. Jadeja has completed a century partnership with Iyer.
- 16:08 PM: India scored 239 runs for 4 wickets in 79 overs. Iyer is playing on 68 and Jadeja is scoring 39 runs. The two shared a 94-run partnership for the fifth wicket.
- 15:14 PM: Shreyas has scored a half-century in his debut Test while playing a brilliant innings. Iyer completed his half-century with a single off Tim Southee in the 68th ovp. India’s 200 runs were also completed.
- 14:59 PM: Shreyas Iyer reached near half century in his debut match. In the 64th over of the innings, he hit two consecutive fours off Rachin Ravindra. They are unbeaten on 44. Ravindra Jadeja is frozen at the other end.
- 14:36 PM: The game has started after tea time. Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja are at the crease. Big innings are expected from both the players in this session.
- 14:12 PM: Tea time has been announced on the first day. India scored 154 for 4 in 56 overs. Shreyas Iyer is unbeaten on 17 and Ravindra Jadeja is unbeaten on 6. India lost three wickets between lunch and tea. Mayank Agarwal, Rahane and Pujara were out.
- 13:45 PM: Kyle Jamieson gave India the fourth blow by bowling captain Ajinkya Rahane. Jamieson has taken the third wicket in the match. Rahane was dismissed for 35 runs off 63 balls. He hit six fours in his innings.
- 13:13 PM: Shreyas Iyer came out to bat after Pujara’s dismissal. He is leading India’s innings along with Rahane. Iyer looked nervous initially but slowly now he seems stable. He has scored 7 runs in 14 balls. Rahane is playing after scoring 19 runs off 39 balls.
- 12:50 PM: Tim Southee gave the third blow to India. He dismissed Cheteshwar Pujara. The ball hit Pujara’s bat and went into the hands of wicketkeeper Tom Blundell. Pujara was dismissed after scoring 26 off 88 balls.
- 12:45 PM: After Gill’s dismissal, Pujara and Rahane took over the Indian innings. Both have shared 24 runs for the third wicket. Pujara is unbeaten on 26 off 84 balls and Rahane on 10 runs off 21 balls.
- 12:15 PM: Soon after lunch, India got a second blow. Kyle Jamieson has got the second breakthrough. He clean bowled Shubman Gill. Jamieson’s ball hit Gill’s bat and hit the stumps. Gill scored 52 runs off 93 balls. During this, he hit 5 fours and a six. Gill shared a 61-run partnership with Pujara for the second wicket.
- 12:13 PM: The game has started after lunch. Shubman Gill and Cheteshwar Pujara are at the crease. Both are on the crease and Team India is expected to make a big innings from them.
- 11:32 AM: Lunch has been announced on the first day. India scored 82 runs in 29 overs for the loss of one wicket. Shubman Gill is unbeaten on 52 off 87 balls and Cheteshwar Pujara on 15 runs off 61 balls. Team India got the only setback in the first session in the form of Mayank Agarwal. Agarwal scored 13 runs off Jamieson’s delivery.
- 11:25 am: Shubman Gill has scored a brilliant half-century in the first innings. This is the fourth half-century of his Test career. Of these, two are on India and two on foreign grounds.
Ind vs NZ 1st Test (IND vs NZ 1st Test DAY 1 Highlights:) – India vs New Zealand Test series:
- 10:56 am: India has got 50 runs. Team India has scored 58 runs for 1 wicket in 19 overs. Pujara 8 and Gill are playing on 35 runs. Both have put up a 37-run partnership for the second wicket.
- 10:36 am: After the dismissal of Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara and Shubman Gill have taken over the innings. Both are facing New Zealand bowlers with patience. First drinks time is declared after 14 overs. Shubman is unbeaten on 16 off 37 balls and Pujara 5 runs off 21 balls.
- 10:08 AM: India got the first blow in the eighth over. Kyle Jamieson finally got the breakthrough. He got Mayank Agarwal caught behind the wicket by Tom Blundell. Mayank scored 13 runs off 28 balls. He hit two fours.
- 10:00 AM: India have scored 17 runs for no loss in six overs. Mayank hit the first four of the test match. Shubman 6 and Mayank are unbeaten on 9 runs.
- 9:44 AM: Shubman Gill narrowly escaped being dismissed in the third over. Tim Southee appealed lbw against him. The umpire dismissed him. Gill immediately took the review. The ball hit his bat and the third umpire overturned the field umpire’s decision. Gill was declared not out.
- 9:35 am: Shubman Gill and Mayank Agarwal have opened the innings for India. In the absence of KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma, both of them are expecting a big innings for Team India.
258/4 (84 ov)
Umesh Yadav has been included in the India team. This is his 50th test match.
A special half-century for the Vidarbha Express
— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) November 25, 2021
Ind vs NZ 1st Test (IND vs NZ 1st Test DAY 1 Highlights:) – India vs New Zealand Test series: Rahane said during the toss that he is going with three spinners and two fast bowlers. Shreyas Iyer is making his Test debut with this match. Iyer has been given the Test cap by India’s great batsman Sunil Gavaskar.
Ind vs NZ 1st Test (IND vs NZ LIVE Score) – India vs New Zealand Test series: Here is the playing XI of both the teams:
New Zealand: Tom Latham, Will Young, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, Tom Blundell (wk), Rachin Ravindra, Tim Southee, Ejaz Patel, Kyle Jamieson, William Somerville.
India: Shubman Gill, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (c), Shreyas Iyer, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav.