In Hinduism, every day is associated with one or the other deity or planet with special worship and fasting. Must read this article to know which festival will be held in the last month of the year i.e. December 2022.
Teej Festivals of December 2022
December Festival 2022 List: In the Sanatan tradition, every day is known for one or the other Teej festival or for fasting and worshiping of some deity. This is the reason that every month of the year carries the enthusiasm of one or the other festival. According to the English month, in the last month of the year, December, many festivals like Geeta Jayanti, Mokshada Ekadashi, Guru Govind Singh Jayanti and Christmas will be celebrated. When and which festival will be celebrated in the month of December and what is its importance, let us know in detail about all the fasts, festivals etc.
When will Ekadashi fall in the month of December
Ekadashi Tithi is considered very auspicious and virtuous for the worship of Lord Shri Vishnu in Hinduism. According to the Panchang, the first Ekadashi fast i.e. Mokshada Ekadashi will be observed on 3rd of December and Safala Ekadashi fast will be observed on 19th November 2022. It is believed that by observing this fast according to the rules and regulations, a person gets the desired boon. This fast of Lord Vishnu is considered to fulfill all the wishes of a person.
When will Pradosh Vrat happen in the month of December
Both Pradosh Vrat and Pradosh Kaal are considered very auspicious and fruitful for the worship of Lord Shiva. According to the Panchang, in the last month of the year, the first Pradosh Vrat will be observed on 05 December 2022 and the last Pradosh Vrat of the year on 21 December 2022. According to Hindu belief, all the wishes of a person are fulfilled soon if this fast is kept for Mahadev according to the rules and regulations.
When will the full moon fall in the month of December
According to Panchang, the fifteenth day of Shuklapaksha is called Poornima. According to the Panchang, the full moon falling in the Shukla Paksha during the month of Marshish will fall on 07 December 2022. It is believed that there is a lot of importance of bathing, donating and chanting on this day. By taking a bath in the Ganges on the full moon day, all the troubles associated with a person’s life go away and virtue is attained.
When will the new moon fall in the month of December
According to the Panchang, the 15th date that falls in the dark fortnight of every month is considered as Amavasya Tithi. In Hinduism, this date has been considered very fruitful for worship and sacrifice of ancestors etc. According to the Panchang, in the month of December, the new moon of Paush month will fall on 23 December 2022.
- 3 December Geeta Jayanti, Mokshada Ekadashi
- 4 December Matsya Dwadashi, Guruvayur Jayanti
- 5 December Hanuman Jayanti (in Karnataka), Pradosh Vrat
- 6 December Karthigai Deepam
- 7 December Dattatreya Jayanti, Marshish Purnima fasting
- 8 December Annapurna Jayanti, Bhairavi Jayanti, Rohini Vrat
- December 9th Paush month begins
- 11 December Sankashti Chaturthi fast
- 16 December Dhanu Sankranti, Kalashtami
- 19 December Safla Ekadashi fast
- December 21 Pradosh Vrat, Monthly Shivratri
- 23rd December new moon day of Pausha month
- 24 december moon sighting
- 26 December Vinayaka Chaturthi
- 27 December Mandala Puja (Malayali festival)
- 28 December Skanda Shashti
- 29 December Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti
- 30 December Monthly Durgashtami