Delhi MCD Election 2022: After the noise of campaign for Delhi MCD elections is over, now voting is going to happen. Voting will be held in 250 wards of Delhi MCD today. For which complete preparation has been done. On one hand, where the BJP is claiming its victory for the fourth time in a row, on the other hand, the Aam Aadmi Party, which is in power in Delhi, is waiting for its first victory in the MCD. Like last time, this time too there is a close fight between these two parties. BJP and AAP put their full might in this mini election of Delhi. Come let’s know 10 big things related to Delhi MCD elections…
- Delhi MCD is occupied by BJP for the last 15 years. The BJP is trying to repeat itself, while the Aam Aadmi Party is trying to dominate the Delhi government as well as the Municipal Corporation.
- In the MCD election campaign, issues and controversies ranging from massage videos to liquor scams and littering dominated. While the BJP fielded all its heavyweights, the Aam Aadmi Party also left no stone unturned to assert itself. AAP termed BJP’s 15-year rule as corrupt.
- Now if we talk about the figures, a total of 1.47 crore voters will exercise their franchise in the Delhi MCD elections. In which there are 80 lakh male voters and 67 lakh female voters.
- If we talk about the candidates, a total of 1,349 candidates, including all the parties, have entered the MCD election field this time. Of these, 709 are female and 640 are male candidates. The BJP has denied tickets to many of its sitting councillors.
- Voting is taking place in a total of 250 wards in Delhi. Where a total of 13 thousand 665 booths have been made. There are tight security arrangements at every polling booth. Out of these, 3 thousand 356 booths are sensitive, where special arrangements have been made.
- If we talk about security, then about 40 thousand policemen have been deployed all over Delhi. At the same time, 20 thousand home guards have been deployed to support the police. 108 companies of paramilitary forces have also been deployed.
- The area of Central Delhi is considered sensitive, so the police is continuously patrolling here. Encouraging people to vote in large numbers. At the same time, people are being asked whether there is any fear of any kind.
- About 68 model polling booths have also been made in Delhi MCD elections. These model polling booths have been specially decorated. So that more and more voters can come and use their franchise, there is a provision of wheel chair, seating area, sanitizer etc.
- After voting today in the Delhi MCD elections, the results of the exit polls will be revealed on the evening of December 5. In which the picture will be seen that who will be the boss of Delhi MCD. On the other hand, on December 7, the results of the MCD elections will be in front of everyone.
- Talking about the last MCD elections, in 2017, BJP had won 181 out of total 270 wards. AAP had won in 48 and Congress in 27 wards. In 2017, there was 53 per cent polling.
Read this also- MCD Election 2022: MCD election will be held under the shadow of 60 drones! 40 thousand policemen deployed, keeping a close watch